The Caroline Hospice Home
The residential hospice center is a homelike setting in which patients receive care 24 hours a day, seven days a week, all year long.
Compass Regional Hospice is licensed by the State of Maryland to operate this facility, which is owned by the Caroline Hospice Foundation.
The facility was recently renovated with generous support from community members, who donated time, labor and materials. Amenities include:
- Three private patient rooms - one with a private bath, two with a shared bath - are equipped with flat screen TVs, personal refrigerators and comfortable seating for visitors.
- The shared bathroom is equipped with a walk in Jacuzzi tub.
- The nursing station is close to patient rooms for ease of frequent communication.
- The Hospice Home is equipped with technology that connects staff to the Compass Regional Hospice electronic medical record system and allows for constant communication with the Compass Regional Hospice team members in Centreville.
- Staff and specially trained volunteers prepare patient meals in a new, spacious kitchen.
- A library offers privacy for family consultations and individual and group counseling.
- The living room and dining area designed around a gas fireplace is a cozy meeting space for visitors and for family gatherings.
- The chapel is available for private reflection and prayer.
- The Caroline Hospice Home is staffed 24/7 by two certified hospice nursing assistants.
- A physician or nurse practitioner, hospice nurses and social workers are on call 24/7 and will visit patients and the Hospice Home as often as needed.
- The Compass Regional Hospice chaplain will be on site regularly; personal ministers and other clergy are welcome to visit 24/7.
Admission to the Hospice Center is based on greatest need. Room and board fees are based on ability to pay. An admissions counselor is available to discuss options that match a patient’s financial resources.
Visiting hours are daily, 8:00 am to 10:00 pm. A family member may stay with a patient overnight as the time of death draws near. Other visiting times can be arranged to accommodate patient and family needs.
For more information about hospice care available at the Caroline Hospice Home and in Caroline, Kent and Queen Anne's County, contact Compass Regional Hospice, 443-262-4100.