Compass Kids is a family-centered program providing compassionate care to children who have a life-limiting illness. This program also offers support programs and counseling for children and families grieving the loss of a loved one.
Compass Kids provides a continuum of hope, love and care for families that includes:
- Transition back home after a prolonged hospitalization
- Relief from pain and anxiety
- Nursing services and assistance
- Assistance in accessing benefits, community resources and decision-making
- Medications and medical supplies delivered to the home
- Grief care for families for up to two years
Grief support programs for children and families
- Personalized support for families through visits and phone calls
- Bereaved parent support groups
- Individual and family grief counseling
- Grief groups and individual grief counseling for students in grades K-12
- Camp New Dawn, a summer camp for children and teens, ages 7 to 17, who experience fun, food and friendship as they learn how to express their feelings about the loss of a loved one
- A lending library of books, audio and video tapes and DVDs
A Partner of Alliance Kids
Compass Kids, a partner of the Alliance Kids network, is the only pediatric hospice program of its kind on Maryland's Mid Shore. We serve children and families from Queen Anne's, Kent and Caroline counties in our Hospice Center and at home. Through the Alliance Kids network, we have access to pediatric hospice physicians, pediatricians who specialize in care for terminally ill patients, and the hospitals with whom the physicians are affiliated.
- "I am so grateful that the assistance from the Compass Kids team allowed me to just be Jay Jay's mommy for once when he needed me the most. Having the support of the hospice clinical team and grief counselor has given us great comfort and peace."
- - Kari Oulahyane, mother of 6 year-old Jayden
To listen to Kari as she shares more of Jay Jay's story click here.