Hospice Care & Services
At Compass Regional Hospice we understand that coping with a serious, life-limiting illness is one of life’s most stressful and painful situations. We offer one-of-a-kind comprehensive and compassionate care for individuals in the advanced stages of an illness and support for the loved ones who care for them.
From the time of diagnosis, Compass Regional Hospice can help you make decisions and assist you and your loved ones as you adjust to changes and anticipate the future. We help you live on your terms with a wide range of care options and support to meet your needs all along the way.
Our Care Options
- Routine Home Hospice Care: When curative treatment to extend life is no longer an option, hospice care allows the patient to remain at home with the care and support of family members and the hospice team. Provided in Queen Anne's, Kent, and Caroline Counties.
- Residential Hospice Care - The six-bed Hospice Center in Centreville, MD, and the three-bed Caroline Hospice Home offer a comfortable, medically-supportive alternative when remaining at home is no longer possible.
- General Inpatient Hospice Care - Short-term management (less than 7 days) of uncontrolled pain and symptoms requiring 24-hour medical management is available at the Hospice Center in Centreville.
- Continuous Care : For continuous home hopsice care during periods of a short-term crisis.
- Bridges: A pre-hospice program that offers care and support for anyone who has been diagnosed with a life-limiting illness. Support begins with a visit from a nurse, who helps identify the medical and emotional needs of the patient and family members. The Bridges team also provides support from specially trained volunteers, social workers, and grief and spiritual counselors.
- Grief Care & Support: Through the Hope & Healing Center we offer a variety of grief services, support and counseling for hospice families and anyone in the community who needs help following the death of a loved one.
- Compass Kids: A family-centered program providing specialized pediatric palliative care and support programs and counseling for children and families grieving the loss of a loved one. For more information, click here.
Is hospice the right care option for you or a loved one?
When curative treatments are no longer effective, Compass Regional Hospice can help individuals who:
- Have a progressing, serious illness
- Have decided that comfort care and symptom management will be the focus of care
- Have been told that life expectancy is limited and measured in months rather than years.
If you think Compass Regional Hospice can help you or a loved one, or you are still unsure, call us at 443-262-4100. We can arrange for a free, informational visit.
Or, you may discuss hospice care with your physician first. Our staff may consult with your physician to discuss an initial plan of care.