The six-bed Hospice Center in Centreville is designed for the comfort, privacy and well-being of residents and their families. The Hospice Center is located in a rural setting convenient to major highways, shopping and dining.
The Hospice Center is part of Compass Regional Hospice’s smoke free campus.
Residential Hospice Care
Most people prefer to live their final months wherever they call home. This may not be possible when a patient lives alone, family members who have been providing care are no longer able to do so or the patient becomes too medically frail to remain at home. The Hospice Center is an alternative for patients who want the security of medical care around the clock in a home-like setting.
General Inpatient Care
The Hospice Center is the only free-standing facility on the Eastern Shore licensed to provide general inpatient care. This level of care is provided on a short-term basis for individuals who need around-the clock nursing care for pain and symptom management that cannot be handled at home. The Compass Regional Hospice clinical team consults with one of our medical directors, our experienced hospice nurse practitioner and a patient’s physician to decide when and for how long general inpatient care is most appropriate.
The Hospice Center Team
Seven days a week, 24 hours a day, a team of experienced and caring hospice professionals staff the Hospice Center. The team includes:
- Medical directors and a nurse practitioner who monitor care plans and consult with a patient’s attending physicians
- Certified hospice and palliative nurses and hospice aides skilled in providing medical and personal care
- Social workers, grief counselors and a chaplain who help families celebrate life and prepare to say farewell
- Trained volunteers who visit, read, play games and reminisce with patients and families
- A cook who stocks the kitchen with healthy food and prepares meals that meet the dietary needs of our guests
The home-like Hospice Center features:
- Six private patient rooms each with a bathroom, TV, visitor seating area and outdoors patio
- Dining room and parlor for visitors and family gatherings
- Fully equipped kitchen for patient meals prepared by Hospice Center staff and specially trained volunteers
- Chapel for private prayer and quiet reflection
- Gazebo, patios and gardens overlooking the serenity fountain
Admission to the Hospice Center is based on greatest need. Room and board fees are based on ability to pay. An admissions counselor is available to discuss options that match a patient’s financial resources.
Guests, including family pets, are welcome to visit this home away from home between 8am and 10pm. Extended visiting hours can be arranged to accommodate patient and family needs.
For more information about hospice care available at the Hospice Center in Centreville, Maryland, call 443-262-4100.
Helpful LinksPaying for Hospice Care
- Privacy Practices
It was a blessing to have such loving care and comfort for both my husband and myself. All eight of our grandchildren were able to visit and know that their grandfather was comfortable and at peace.
Hospice Center Forms