What is the Cancer network?
The National Comprehensive Cancer Network (NCCN) is a nonprofit alliance of 27 cancer centers throughout the U.S. Experts from NCCN cancer centers diagnose and treat all cancers, with a particular focus on complex, aggressive, or uncommon cancers.
Who made Cancer net?
All the information and content on Cancer.Net was developed and approved by the oncologists who are members of ASCO, making Cancer.Net the most up-to-date and trusted resource for cancer information on the Internet. Cancer.Net is made possible by the Conquer Cancer The ASCO Foundation.
Is Cancer net reputable?
Cancer.Net is funded by the American Society of Clinical Oncology (ASCO) and by donations to ASCO’s patient education program through Conquer Cancer ®, the ASCO Foundation. This site complies with the HONcode standard for trustworthy health information: verify here.
Where can I find information about Cancer?
Seven cancer information sites you can trust
- National Cancer Institute (NCI) The National Cancer Institute (NCI) is part of the National Institutes of Health (NIH). …
- National Comprehensive Cancer Network (NCCN) …
- MedlinePlus. …
- American Cancer Society (ACS) …
- ClinicalTrials.gov. …
- Cancer.net. …
- Triage Cancer.
What are different types of cancer?
The major types of cancer are carcinoma, sarcoma, melanoma, lymphoma, and leukemia. Carcinomas — the most commonly diagnosed cancers — originate in the skin, lungs, breasts, pancreas, and other organs and glands. Lymphomas are cancers of lymphocytes. Leukemia is cancer of the blood.
What are the symptoms of cancer?
Common Signs and Symptoms of Cancer
- Pain. Bone cancer often hurts from the beginning. …
- Weight loss without trying. Almost half of people who have cancer lose weight. …
- Fatigue. …
- Fever. …
- Changes in your skin. …
- Sores that don’t heal. …
- Cough or hoarseness that doesn’t go away. …
- Unusual bleeding.
What is the number 1 cancer hospital in the US?
MD Anderson tops U.S. News & World Report’s 2020-2021 Best Hospitals rankings for cancer care. The University of Texas MD Anderson Cancer Center has retained its distinction as the No. 1 cancer hospital in the country.
Is cancer a disease or virus?
Cancer is a disease caused when cells divide uncontrollably and spread into surrounding tissues. Cancer is caused by changes to DNA. Most cancer-causing DNA changes occur in sections of DNA called genes.
Does Technoblade have cancer?
Minecraft streamer and content creator Technoblade has announced his recent hiatus was due to being diagnosed with cancer. In his most recent video, Technoblade confirmed that he was diagnosed on Aug. 2 after visiting a doctor to get his right arm looked at.
What are 3 facts about cancer?
Key Cancer Facts
- 10 million people die from cancer every year.
- At least one third of common cancers are preventable.
- Cancer is the second-leading cause of death worldwide.
- 70% of cancer deaths occur in low-to-middle income countries.
What are ways to treat cancer?
Types of Cancer Treatment
- Radiation Therapy.
- Targeted Therapy.
- Stem Cell or Bone Marrow Transplant.
- Hormone Therapy.