What can a cancer patient take for stomach pain?
You should discuss taking any medications with your health care provider. Some medications include: Maalox®, Mylanta®, Pepto-Bismol®, and TUMS®. If you are lactose intolerant, Lactaid® may help. See also; Managing Heartburn, Managing Nausea, Managing Diarrhea or Managing Constipation, if applicable.
What helps settle your stomach during chemo?
The following are suggestions to minimize your discomfort:
- Avoid your favorite food. …
- Talk to your doctor about nausea medications. …
- Avoid strong smells. …
- Avoid warm foods. …
- Eat every 2-3 hours. …
- Eat what you want to eat. …
- Drink liquids in-between meals/snacks. …
- Use ginger and peppermint.
Which drug can cure stomach pain?
For cramping from diarrhea, medicines that have loperamide (Imodium) or bismuth subsalicylate (Kaopectate or Pepto-Bismol) might make you feel better. For other types of pain, acetaminophen (Aspirin Free Anacin, Liquiprin, Panadol, Tylenol) might be helpful.
What painkillers can you take when on chemo?
- Acetaminophen. In normal amounts, this drug is usually safe. But large doses over long periods may lead to liver damage. …
- NSAIDS (non-steroidal anti-inflammatories) such as aspirin, ibuprofen, and naproxen. These medicines lower inflammation along with pain.
Does chemo cause sharp pains?
#5: Pain. Why it happens: Chemotherapy may cause painful side effects like burning, numbness and tingling or shooting pains in your hands and feet, as well as mouth sores, headaches, muscle and stomach pain. Pain can be caused by the cancer itself or by the chemo.
How do I know if I have stomach cancer?
“Vague” discomfort in the abdomen above the navel. Abdominal pain or discomfort. Upper abdomen fullness below the chest bone after consuming a small amount of food. Unintentional weight loss.
What foods should be avoided during chemotherapy?
Foods to avoid (especially for patients during and after chemo):
- Hot, spicy foods (i.e. hot pepper, curry, Cajun spice mix).
- Fatty, greasy or fried foods.
- Very sweet, sugary foods.
- Large meals.
- Foods with strong smells (foods that are warm tend to smell stronger).
- Eating or drinking quickly.
What foods boost immune system during chemo?
High-fiber foods include those rich in whole grains, like some breads and cereals. Fruits, vegetables, brown rice, and beans are also good choices. Nuts or popcorn make healthy, high-fiber snacks.
How do you get rid of a stomach ache in 5 minutes?
Applying a heating pad, hot water bottle, hot towel, or heat wrap over the abdomen and back helps relax the muscles in the abdomen and relieve abdominal cramps and pain. The temperature should ideally be 104° Fahrenheit. Taking a hot bath with bubbles and essential oils or hot showers can also help.
How can I ease stomach pain?
Be guided by your doctor, but there are some things you can do to help ease the pain, including:
- Place a hot water bottle or heated wheat bag on your abdomen.
- Soak in a warm bath. …
- Drink plenty of clear fluids such as water.
- Reduce your intake of coffee, tea and alcohol as these can make the pain worse.
What is the first aid for stomach pain?
Provide clear fluids to sip, such as water, broth, or fruit juice diluted with water. Serve bland foods, such as saltine crackers, plain bread, dry toast, rice, gelatin, or applesauce. Avoid spicy or greasy foods and caffeinated or carbonated drinks until 48 hours after all symptoms have gone away.